Posted on July 17, 2023
Sun & Fun: 5 Upcoming Must-Attend South Jersey Events & Festivals
If you’re looking to embrace the beauty of nature while enjoying lively festivities, there are plenty of events in South Jersey to enjoy coming up soon! This region is bursting with outdoor festivals that offer a mix of entertainment, delicious food, and exciting activities.
In this blog post, we’ll highlight five upcoming outdoor South Jersey events that are sure to bring joy and excitement to your summer days. Get ready to mark your calendars for these incredible events:
1. Glassboro Town Square Summer Fest – Every Thursday in June – July from 5pm – 9pm
- Enjoy amazing food, drinks, live music and local arts at the Glassboro Town Square summer fests, which run every Thursday from June – July!
- Website: www.glassboro.org/events
2. Nights in Venice in Ocean City, NJ – July 29th from 6pm – 9pm
- Night in Venice Ocean City’s 68th annual Night in Venice will celebrate all things Philadelphia. Retired Action News anchor Jim Gardner will serve as grand marshal, and this year’s theme will be “It’s a Philly Thing.” The optional theme provides a chance to celebrate the rich history and culture of the Philadelphia region in sports, music, food, education, government and more. Entries for boats and homes are currently being accepted online at www.ocnj.us/niv. Presenting sponsors for 2023 Night in Venice are ACME Markets and the Jet Drive Exchange Boat Club. The City’s annual boat parade is one of the largest in the world. Starts at the Longport Bridge to Tennessee Ave. along the bay. Fireworks display to follow parade. Start time 6 p.m. For Night in Venice at the Bayside Center viewing party tickets, visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice.
- Website: https://oceancityvacation.com/events-calendar/night-in-venice/
3. Luau at Laurita Winery Food Truck Festival: Saturday, August 5th and Sunday, August 6th
- Where: 85 Archertown Rd, New Egypt, NJ 08533
- “Come join us for a fun filled day on the grounds of Laurita Winery – a great place to enjoy outstanding wines with friends and family! Pair our delicious wines with the many food offerings available from onsite food trucks! Wine and dine while listening to top live musical artists all weekend!”
- Hours: Saturday 11am-9pm and Sunday 11am-7pm
4. Washington Township Historic Preservation Commission’s Food Truck & Beer Garden Festival: Saturday, August 12th from 2pm – 8pm
- Where: 208 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080
- “We are again teaming up with Village Pub for a beer and (NEW FOR THIS YEAR: WINE) garden!
- There will be a $10 parking donation so we encourage you to carpool. Last year parking was filled within 15 minutes of gates opening! The parking donation will help us offset some of the operating costs and enter you into door prizes throughout the night!”
5. Bacon, Bourbon & Brews Festival at the Flying W in Medford, NJ: Saturday, September 30th and Sunday, October 1st
- Where: Flying W Airport and Restor – 60 Fostertown Rd, Medford, NJ 08055
- Tickets are available for $15 here until 8/31: TICKET LINK – EVENTBRITE
- “Join us for the Bacon, Bourbon & Brews Festival Festival on September 30th and October 1st at the Flying W Airport and Resort in Medford, New Jersey. Bring your own lounge chair and get ready to enjoy lots of fun, including:
- Live bands all day between two separate stages on both days
- Bourbon, Beer, Wine Tastings (along with either cocktails and specialty drinks)
- Food Trucks and Dessert Food Trucks
- Axe Throwing and Hatchet Throwing (by Bury The Hatchet in Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Hot Air Balloon Rides (weather permitting)
- **Ticket Terms: Tickets are $15 now until August 31st and will then go up to $20.
- Attendees under 12 are FREE.
- Each ticket is for admission on the date listed on the ticket only. If you want to attend both days, you must purchase a ticket for each day.
- All attendees 12 and over must purchase a ticket for admission. IDs will be checked at the door. Each purchased ticket for attendees 12 – 20 years old comes included with a festival tasting cup and 2 coupons for (2) non-alcoholic drinks to be provided at the bar only, not the food trucks.
- Each purchased ticket for an attendee 21 and over comes included with a festival cup souvenir for tastings, and 6 tasting coupons to use at the bourbon, beer and specialty drink vendors. Wine tastings will be provided separately by Valenzano Winery. Drinks for purchase will be available at the bar areas.
- All attendees under 12 years old DO NOT receive a festival tasting cup or drink tickets.
- Free Parking
- Rain or Shine the event will go on!”
In conclusion, South Jersey offers a vibrant lineup of outdoor festivals that are perfect for embracing nature and enjoying lively festivities. From the Glassboro Town Square Summer Fest with delicious food, live music, and local arts every Thursday in June – July, to Ocean City’s Nights in Venice celebration on July 29th, which pays homage to the rich history and culture of Philadelphia, there are plenty of events to mark on your calendar.
The Luau at Laurita Winery Food Truck Festival on August 5th-6th invites you to indulge in outstanding wines, food trucks, and live music, while the Washington Township Historic Preservation Commission’s Food Truck & Beer Garden Festival on August 12th promises an evening of great food, drinks, and door prizes. Finally, don’t miss the Bacon, Bourbon & Brews Festival at the Flying W in Medford on September 30th-October 1st, where you can enjoy live bands, tastings, food trucks, axe throwing, hot air balloon rides (weather permitting), and much more. With these five must-attend outdoor festivals, South Jersey has something for everyone to experience the sun and fun of summer.